Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Elk River is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Home Comfort Heating & Air consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Home Comfort Heating & Air in Elk River at 763-276-0617 today.