Having routine air conditioning service performed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Elk River summertime, have the professionals at Home Comfort Heating & Air complete your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illicitly discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for correct airflow in the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We recommend checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Home Comfort Heating & Air today at 763-276-0617.