During the cooler Elk River months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Home Comfort Heating & Air will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Home Comfort Heating & Air right away if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Home Comfort Heating & Air can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Home Comfort Heating & Air at 763-276-0617 or arrange an appointment with us online.