As springtime rolls around, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Elk River? Especially if your cooling unit is recently purchased or was operating good last season.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never anticipate to book any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your system examined yearly by a Home Comfort Heating & Air tech can help find little troubles before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly impact your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a specialist to maintain complicated internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that collect within your system can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy consumption—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it last longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy expenses and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps find little issues before they turn into large, expensive issues. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine components and carry out a cycle of cooling performance verifications. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to find issues before they create large troubles that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free cooling throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is well-prepared to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your unit is at risk for advanced meltdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should involve a check and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Full system order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Immediately with Home Comfort Heating & Air
This week is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Home Comfort Heating & Air pros a shout at 763-276-0617 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your residence, make sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.