Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Elk River during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Home Comfort Heating & Air will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Home Comfort Heating & Air at 763-276-0617 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.