You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Home Comfort Heating & Air have put together a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make certain your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a huge difference on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting used to the current temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Home Comfort Heating & Air technician is over for your annual furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 763-276-0617.