When it’s chilly in Elk River you count on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can block air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could require a furnace repair. The quicker you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Home Comfort Heating & Air.
1. Your furnace is loud. You could have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem faint? You might have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could signal a few particular problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps climbing. This could point to a few different problems. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, stop your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The pros at Home Comfort Heating & Air will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.