As springtime rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Elk River? Even if your AC equipment is newer or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Home Comfort Heating & Air tech can help spot minor issues before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy needs—and a higher energy bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps determine little issues before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine components and complete a set of AC performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into big problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your system is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC service should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and components:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Home Comfort Heating & Air
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Home Comfort Heating & Air pros a call at 763-276-0617 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.