As springtime rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Elk River? Even if your AC unit is recently purchased or was running well last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system checked annually by a Home Comfort Heating & Air pro can help spot minor issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy use—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint little issues before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine pieces and complete a series of AC performance verifications. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into large issues that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your system is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A quality AC service should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and components:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Home Comfort Heating & Air
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Home Comfort Heating & Air pros a shout at 763-276-0617 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your house, don’t forget to check our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.