As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months swiftly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when the time comes to replace your furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few seconds and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a shout at 763-276-0617 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t waver in giving Home Comfort Heating & Air in Elk River a call at 763-276-0617. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.