Make your life simpler—begin preparing your air conditioner now before warmer temperatures turn up. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service call from your Home Comfort Heating & Air expert each year. This is vital to keep your unit working for the future. Your technician can ensure that your unit is working correctly and keep an eye out for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more pricey repairs.
Just some of the benefits a professional air conditioning service will present you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of any moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is functioning at peak performance.
- Clear the spot around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your system, which can obstruct airflow. Get rid of piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the winter, don’t forget to uncover it. You can damage your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could end in serious repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Home Comfort Heating & Air service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned frequently. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Home Comfort Heating & Air team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.