People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats allow you to control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature to fit your needs.
There’s been a lot of talk about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s a great time to learn more about them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. You’ll also enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and alert you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Home Comfort Heating & Air in Elk River at 763-276-0617. We have a great selection of thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.